Star 8 Green
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Based in Australia, Star 8 Green, with multiple offices in South East Asia, is an innovative technology company, continuously introducing new green energy technology which includes green transportation products (such as electric scooters, electric tuk tuks, electric buses, electric boats and more), other green technology (such as solar panels and batteries) and other green applications.
In 2018, Star 8 CEO and President, Mr Jacob Maimon, commenced the Star 8’s electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft program or as the company calls it, the Electric Manned Aviation Vehicle (EMAV). In addition, another program was started by the company and its called the Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle (ECAV). The eVTOL program is under the leadership of Mr. Kyxz Mendiola, a Filipino drone and flying car enthusiast, and the developer of his first one passenger eVTOL multicopter named the Koncepto Millenya.
The Hoverboard V1.0 is a one person recreational eVTOL prototype where the pilot stands on the airframe and flies the aircraft. There is no seat on the aircraft. The earliest prototype had six propellers and the later prototype had eight propellers. The airframe is open the layout of the metal is similar to the lines in a tic-tac-toe game. It has fixed landing skids to keep the aircraft reduce the complexity of the aircraft. The aircraft has multiple redundant systems so that if any flight system fails, the pilot can land the aircraft safely.
The first crewed tethered outdoor flight for the Hoverboard V1.0 took place on May 4, 2017 at an unknown location in the Philippines. The first hoverboard had six propellers and six electric motors. There is no seat, the pilot stands the entire time while flying on the hoverboard.
Mendiola's first eight propeller Hoverboard Version 1.0, first crewed free flight took place indoors, on July 7, 2017 at Club Gymnastics, Rosario, Pasig City, Philippines. His first outdoor manned free flight of the Hoverboard V1.0 took place on July 20, 2017 at the Marikina Sports Center, Marikina, Metro Manila, Philippines.
The company foresees the most promising applications for passenger eVTOL aircraft for Air Taxis, personal flying cars, medical emergencies and air cargo.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL hoverboard
- Piloting: 1 pilot standing, there is no seating
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Flight Time:
- Propellers: 8 propellers
- Electric Motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Maximum payload: Unknown
- Fuselage: Aircraft grade aluminium
- Landing gear: Fixed landing skids
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.
- Star 8 Green Australia website
- Star 8 Green Twitter
- Star 8 Green YouTube
- Star 8 Green Instagram
- Flying Kyxz Facebook
- Flying Kyxz Twitter
- Flying Kyxz YouTube Channel
- Video: Manned Drone Multicopter hoverboard First Flight, FlyingKyxz, July 11, 2017
- Video: Octocopter Hoverboard First Solo Flight, FlyingKyxz, July 12, 2017
- Video: GMA 7 News on First Flying Hoverboard in ASIA, FlyingKyxz, Aug. 25, 2017
- Video: Flying Hoverboard Drone multicopter flying in the Storm, FlyingKyxz, Aug. 25, 2017
- Video: Manned drone multicopter flying Hoverboard Fun Fly, FlyingKyxz, Aug 31, 2017