Samad Aerospace Ltd.
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
The Samad Aerospace Starling Cargo Jet is a Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) electric cargo aircraft.
During the 15th Electric Aircraft Symposium held in July 2021, the aircraft was announced and briefly detailed by Dr. Seyed Mohseni, CEO of Samad. While little is known about the Starling Cargo as of July 2021, a list of specifications was shown and is listed below. The Starling Cargo was also announced to be available for demo release the same month, with an expected market launch in the first quarter of 2023.
Samad Aerospace’s aircraft are venture-capital funded.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL aircraft
- Cruise speed: 156 knots (289 km/h, 180 mph)
- Range: 160 km (100 miles)
- Length: 6.8 m ( 22.3ft)
- Wingspan: 8 m (26 ft)
- Ceiling: 3048 m (10,000 ft)
- Wing type: Fixed-wing
- Tail assembly: V-tail
- Samad website
- e-Starling Jet homepage
- Video: World's first hybrid-electric VTOL business jet
- First Press Release: Introducing the Starling Jet
- Article: Samad Aerospace Intros VTOL Business Aircraft Concept, AIN Online, Feb. 5, 2018
- Article: VTOL Hopeful Makes EBACE Debut, AIN Online, May 30, 2018
- Article: Samad Aerospace targets passenger flight with electric e-Starling, Aerospace America, July 17, 2018
- Video: Samad Aerospace's half scaled e-Starling CTOL test, Samad Aerospace, Nov. 30, 2020